How to Enroll » Enroll Your Child in IASD

Enroll Your Child in IASD

enroll today


How to Enroll Your Child:


For your convenience, there are two ways you can enroll your student:


1. Please click the appropriate link above to complete the electronic registration form. (Pre-K is paper form only.)  Once the form is submitted, a representative from the school will be in contact with you regarding the next steps.


2.  Call our offices to make an appointment and one of our helpful staff will assist you in completing the enrollment process at the school.  Please have the supporting documentation (listed below) to complete the registration process. 



Required Enrollment Documentation

Except when a child is homeless, whenever a child of school age is presented for enrollment by a parent(s), school district resident, or any other person having charge or care of the child, the school district or charter school shall require that the following information be documented before enrolling the child and allowing the child to attend school:

  1. Proof of the child's age
    Any one of the following constitutes acceptable documentation: birth certificate, notarized copy of the birth certificate, baptismal certificate, copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth, notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth, a valid passport, a prior school record indicating the date of birth.

  2. Immunizations required by law
    Acceptable documentation includes: either the child’s immunization record, a written statement from the former school district or from a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered, or that a required series is in progress, or verbal assurances from the former school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow.

  3. Proof of residency
    Acceptable documentation includes: a deed, a lease, a current utility bill, a current credit card bill, a property tax bill, vehicle registration, a driver’s license, DOT identification card. A district may require that more than one form of residency confirmation be provided. However, school districts and charter schools should be flexible in verifying residency and should consider what information is reasonable in light of the family’s situation. See the paragraph on Homeless Students for guidance in that situation.

  4. Parent Registration Statement
    A sworn statement (See "Required Forms: Residency Statement" above) attesting to whether the student has been or is suspended or expelled for offenses involving drugs, alcohol, weapons, infliction of injury or violence on school property must be provided for a student to be admitted to any school entity (24 P.S. § 13-1304-A). A school district may not deny or delay a child’s school enrollment based on the information contained in a disciplinary record or sworn statement.  Note:  this form is included in the registration packet. 

    However, if a student is currently expelled for a weapons offense, the school district can provide the student with alternative education services during the period of expulsion (24 P.S. § 13-1317.2(e.1)). If the disciplinary record or sworn statement indicates the student has been expelled from a school district in which he was previously enrolled, for reasons other than a weapons offense, it is recommended the school district review the student's prior performance and school record to determine the services and supports to be provided upon enrollment in the district.

  5. Home Language Survey
    All students seeking first-time enrollment in a school shall be given a home language survey in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Enrollment of the student may not be delayed in order to administer the Home Language Survey. A copy of the Home Language Survey is provided on this website. Note: this form is included within the online registration form. 
Entitlement to Education

Every child of school age who is a resident of a Pennsylvania school district is entitled to a public school education. This entitlement and the requirements to secure enrollment apply equally to resident students residing with their parent(s); to non-resident students living with a district resident who is supporting the child gratis and seeking enrollment under 24 P.S. §13-1302; to nonresident students living in a facility or institution; and to nonresident students living in a foster home.

Provided that the required enrollment documentation described herein is provided, the school district or charter school must enroll non-resident children and permit them to attend school. A child should be permitted to attend school on the next school day after the day on which the child is presented for enrollment, and in all cases within five (5) business days of the school district’s receipt of the required documentation (22 Pa. Code §11.11(b)Opens In A New Window).


We look forward to supporting your child on his or her educational journey!