ESSA Federal Report / PA Future Ready
School Performance Profile (SPP) will be replaced with PA Future Ready Index starting in the 2018-19 school year.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Future Ready PA Index is:
- A more holistic tool for communities to measure school success.
- Less reliant on point-in-time standardized test scores.
- Comprehensive measures that values school's efforts to help all students learn, grow, and succeed in the classroom and beyond.
The Future Ready PA Index indicators are divided into three main categories, as listed below:
State Assessment Measures:
- Percent Proficient or Advanced on PSSA/Keystone Exam (Mathematics/Algebra I, Science/Biology, and English Language Arts/Literature)
- Meeting Annual Growth Expectations (PVAAS) (Mathematics/Algebra I, Science/Biology, and English Language Arts/Literature)
- Percent Advanced on PSSA/Keystone Exam (Mathematics/Algebra I, Science/Biology, and English Language Arts/Literature)
- English Language Proficiency
- Chronic Absenteeism
- Grade 3 Reading/Grade 7 Mathematics Early Indicators of Success
College and Career Measures:
- Graduation Rate
- Career Readiness Benchmark
- Industry Based Learning, including Industry Standards-Based Competency Assessments, High-Value Industry Recognized Credentials, or Work Based Learning Experiences)
- Rigorous Courses of Study, including Advanced Placement (AP)/International Baccalaureate (IB)/College Course Offerings, or CTE Career Pathways
- Post-Secondary Transition to School, Military, or Work