Copy of School Counseling
Meet Your School Counselor!
Vision and Mission
What can your School Counselor do for you?
School Counseling has come a long way over the years, and today school counselors offer more services and support than ever. The following are some of the services I can offer:
- Structured group counseling programs
- Promote School Wide Positive Behavior (SWPBIS) programs through guidance themes, activities, and lessons delivered in the classroom
- Initiate Career exploration and awareness using SmartFutures
- Promote PATHS (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies), a Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum, for all students in grade Pre-K through 3.
- Consult with teachers and behavior specialists to develop behavior plans
- Serve as a member of the MTSS Behavioral Support Team (Tier 2 Supports)
- Serve as the Coordinator for the Student Assistance Program
- Consults with agencies to coordinate services for students and their families
- Group counseling
- Individual counseling
- Peer mediation
- Academic and behavioral consultations with parents/teachers
- Referrals to outside agencies for support
- Coordinate data collection for agencies
- Review of academic and behavior records
- Kindergarten orientation team member
- PSSA coordinator
- Provider of community resource materials and information
A Tour of Ben Franklin