IASD is working diligently to develop a vision for the elementary schools that places the best interest of our students first and is mindful of the costs associated with building renovations, contraction, and updates. This process will take time to develop a vision and the work has already begun. IASD Board of Directors and Administration value transparency and want to make the public aware of the progress we are making in creating a vision for IASD. Please visit this site frequently to view the progress we are making in reaching consensus.
What Have We Done Thus Far?
IASD conducted our regular scheduled committee meetings in November and December in our schools to allow the community to view the current state of the buildings. We called this strategy "Committee in Our Community". The IASD Board of Director's value transparency, as well as open dialogue and collectively, felt this was a great avenue to allow the public to tour the schools to gain an understanding of their current conditions. Meetings/locations were conducted on the following dates:
- November 5: Ben Franklin Elementary will host the Academic and Extracurricular Committee Meeting in the Library.
- November 19: Horace Mann Elementary will host the Buildings, Grounds, and Transportation Committee Meeting in the Library.
- We will still conduct our regularly scheduled meeting in the East Pike Boardroom at 7:30.
- December 3: East Pike Elementary will host the Academic and Extracurricular Committee Meeting in the Library.
- December 10: Eisenhower Elementary will host the Policy and Personnel Committee Meeting in Room 11.
During each visit, a one-page flyer was made available for the public to review the overall specifics of the building. A tour of each elementary facility was made available for this who were interested. See below for the one-page flyers for each of the elementary schools.
Buildings, Grounds, and Transportation Committee Meeting
December 17, 2018
During the Buildings, Grounds, and Transportation Committee Meeting, Architectural Innovations presented a variety of options to the Board to consider as part of the facility study they are conducting as well as an update on the study itself. The Board eliminated seven options and are moving forward with 8-9 options for the architectural firm to cost out further. The options moving forward for costing out are: #'s 3, 4A, 5, 12, 13, 14,15, 16, & 17. See below for the study updates as well as the various options that were presented last evening during the committee meeting.