New Car Kid Pick-up Procedures Due to safety concerns from parents, we will be starting a new plan for Car Kid pick-up beginning on Monday, March 5, 2018.
1. Please continue to send in a note with your child that specifies who will be picking up your child each day. If you have already done so for the entire year, you do not have to do so again.
2. When you pick up your child(ren) on Monday, please bring a “Car Kid Pick-up Card” for each child that you are picking up.
3. Car Kid Pick-up Cards will be sent home by Friday, March 2, 2018.
4. A teacher will come to the flagpole to retrieve the “Car Kid pick-up card” from you and will take your card into the building to get your child.
5. The teacher will give the “Car Kid Pick-up Card” to your child, and your child will be brought out to you in a small group of students. Please wait at the flagpole.
6. Retrieve the “Car Kid Pick-up Card” from your child and reuse it every day.
7. Teachers will continue to gather cards and retrieve children until all students are picked up.
8. If someone other than the designated pick-up person attempts to pick up your child, the person will be asked to come into the office while we call the parent. The pick-up person will need to wait until the school receives verbal confirmation from the parent before leaving with the student.
9. If you forget your “Car Kid Pick-up Card”, you will be asked to come to the front of the building to sign your child out on the sign-out sheet on the sidewalk. Your child will be brought out after the students with “Car Kid Pick-up Cards”.
Safety Concerns Addressed With New Procedures
No students will wait for pick-up at the flagpole.
Students will be released in small groups once their parent is present.
Students will only be released to the parent/guardian with the “Car Kid Pick-up Card”.
People without cards will be asked to sign out and/or wait for parent confirmation.
Thank you for your understanding. Your child’s safety is always our utmost priority.
For the 2018-19 school year will be held at Indiana Area Schools April 30th – May 3rd. Registration will take place at East Pike on Wednesday, May 2nd and Thursday May 3rd between the hours of 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
Children must be 5 years old by August 31, 2018 to enroll for Kindergarten. Registration packets are available for parents to pick up at East Pike School. Please call East Pike School to make arrangements to pick one up and to schedule your appointment for enrollment. (724-463-8567).